The traditional hotel in Bad Kleinkirchheim
History of the families Pulverer & Scheriau
The development of the village Bad Kleinkirchheim from a farming village to one of Austria’s leading tourism regions cannot be separated from the history of the Pulverer family and the creation of the Hotel St. Oswald.
The first years
The founders of the hotel dynasty were Josef Pulverer and his wife Maria. In 1928 they obtained the concession for a snack station. Soon it developed into an inn, shortly after the first guest rooms opened and from 1930 guests could be accommodated. This laid the foundation for today’s Hotel Pulverer, the parent house. In 1953, with son Reinhard and his wife Annemarie Pulverer, the business passed on to the next generation. A wind of change thus came to Bad Kleinkirchheim and with it a top-class hotel. At the same time, Bad Kleinkirchheim began its upswing as a popular spa resort. Again, the Pulverer family set the tone. From a building cooperative, they bought the first thermal swimming pool in the village, which had been built right in front of the farm, and thus expanded health and spa tourism.
Three children were born of this marriage - Reingard, Josef and Sigrun. His son Josef ran the businesses on the mountain - the Kaiserburghütte and the Rossalmhütte. His daughter Sigrun took over the Hotel Pulverer and the Nockalmhütte together with her husband in 2005.
The Hotel St. Oswald
In 1977, Reingard moved to the higher, idyllic district of St. Oswald. This is where the Hotel St. Oswald stands which wanted to be filled with life: With a love for detail and much intuition, a small treasure came to be. The house blends wonderfully into the natural landscape of the Nockberge mountains. No wonder that architect Dipl.-Ing. Othmar Egger won the Austrian Architecture Prize in the 1970s with this "gem".
Soon the first rebuilds followed: In 1984, Austria’s first “spa landscape” came into being. The indoor pool was expanded into a bathing and sauna landscape with a pool, relaxation zone, solariums, whirl pool, steam bath, Finnish sauna as well as a fresh air room with Kneipp walking pool and plunge pool.
As early as 1985, the restaurant area was renovated with a wonderful buffet area and Austria’s first hotel wine collection. Shortly after the kitchen area was refurbished and optimised.