Our safety and hygiene measures
Let us pamper you in peace here with us!
The health of everyone is always our highest priority here with us.
This is why we have drawn up a catalogue of measures which is constantly adapted to the current requirements.
Already last summer all employees as well as we as host family were tested every week. We will continue to do so this year.
Last summer has shown that our guests felt very safe and comfortable despite the current situation. We have received much positive feedback from our guests concerning our Corona measures during their stay as well as at their departure. We have often been told that we have enough space in all areas such as the hotel lobby, the restaurant area, on our beautiful sun terrace as well as in the indoor pool area, so that everyone can enjoy their holiday "safely" and to the full.
Our inclusive services will be maintained as good as possible with all necessary safety measures. Some things will be different this year, you will enjoy many things more and perceive more consciously.
If we adhere to all prescribed measures nothing will stand in the way of great holidays with us at the Hotel St. Oswald. In general, we place a very strong emphasis everyone’s self-responsibility. In order to be accommodated, and serviced and to be able to use the spa and gym area you will need a current “3G” proof (tested, recovered or vaccinated) when you arrive at the hotel. It is not necessary to renew the test during the stay.
- When you enter Austria, you do not need to go into quarantine at the moment. For information on quarantine regulations in your home country, please check the website of your federal government as there are different regulations from country to country and from federal state to federal state.
- We ask you to show you upon arrival:
- a valid negative test result (antigen test 24 h or PCR test 72 h) or
- a vaccination certificate (from 15 August the vaccination certificate is only valid after the 2nd vaccination).
- a confirmation that you have had COVID-19 and are recovered (not older than 6 months)
- Before your arrival you can check the website https://www.sichere-gastfreundschaft.at/beherbergung/ concerning the current regulations.
- The current situation in regard to travel warnings can be found on the website of Österreich Werbung https://www.austriatourism.com/oew-global/reisewarnungen/.
- For your entry into Austria you also need a valid negative test result or a vaccination certificate or a confirmation about a past COVID-19 infection that you have recovered from.
- Information on the current entry regulations can be found here: https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/covid-19/situation-updates/weekly-maps-coordinated-restriction-free-movement
- Further current information on our region can be found under: https://www.badkleinkirchheim.at/en/
- Information on the frequently asked questions can be found under: https://www.visitcarinthia.at/information/
Booking and cancellation
- We have adapted our cancellation conditions to the situation. Currently you can cancel free of charge until 7 days before arrival.
- Should there be any changes concerning your planned holidays with us we will find a solution by talking together. Together with you we will look for an alternative date for your holidays with us.
- If you need to cancel and you have already made a down payment then we can offer you a credit note for your next stay.
- In the event of an official closure of the borders or the hotels we will offer you a 100% money-back guarantee.
- Should there be any restrictions (illness, accident) before your arrival please contact us immediately.
- We also ask you to only arrive in a healthy state.
- Tip: We recommend to take out a travel insurance via the Europäische Reiseversicherung (We recommend Hotelstorno Premium). Here you will also have insurance cover in the event of a travel interruption or an incident related to the pandemic. More information can be obtained here: Cancellation cover despite the pandemic. More on the general cancellation and accident insurance can be found here.
- When you arrive, we ask that only 1 person per family/per room go to reception to register.
- One at a time will be served.
- Before you register, we ask you to disinfect your hands at the disinfectant dispensers at the entrance or in the lobby.
- At the moment we refrain from shaking hands when you arrive.
- The registration sheet will be filled out on site as usual. This is done on arrival or a little bit later. You are also welcome to send us all your data in advance by e-mail. Then you only have to sign the registration sheet on site.
- If you would like to, we will accompany you to your room or suite as usual. If you do not want this, please simply tell us so at your arrival.
- You will even be offered the usual luggage service. If you would like us to help you carry your luggage, please tell us.
- In all public areas you can find the rules of conduct clearly visible.
In your room
- In each of our rooms you can find a guide for better orientation. We will also offer you a hand hygiene gel as well as a mouth protection for purchase.
- The mini bar will be filled according to your wishes, please tell us your preferences after you have arrived.
General hygiene measures
- Hygiene has always been an important matter to us.
- All areas are cleaned at even shorter intervals.
- Public areas are equipped with disinfection dispensers.
- Our cleaning agents already contain an antibacterial/viral substance.
- Regular airing is a matter of course for us.
- Our excellent Hotel St. Oswald cuisine will also be offered to you as usual in these times:
Strengthen yourself with our rich breakfast buffet.
(partly presented at the buffet and partly served)
- In the afternoon you will be offered our afternoon snack as usual.
- After an active day you will enjoy a tasty menu with choices and a salad buffet in the evening.
- We ask you to disinfect your hands before going to the buffet and afterwards.
Bathing and sauna landscape
- In our bathing and sauna landscape you can enjoy everything as usual.
- At the entrance to the indoor pool you can find an information sheet how many persons are allowed at teh same time in the pool or in the sauna or in the steam bath.
- In addition, you will find further detailed information in every single area.
- The loungers in the spa area as well as on the sunbathing lawn are positioned as usual so that enough distance can be kept. There is enough space for everyone!
- All massage and cosmetic treatments are offered in compliance with the required hygiene measures.
- The spa area is open according to the regulations for the spa and leisure industry, whereby members of a group of guests are also treated the same as persons living in the same household.
- Our child care in the unique “Lebensbaum” is offered as usual.
- We ask that you and your children wash your hands when entering and leaving the “Lebensbaum”.
- Only healthy children are accepted.
- At the moment we prefer payment without cash, however, you can of course also pay in cash.
- Tip: We recommend you to transfer the costs for your stay in advance and to pay the remaining amount with debit or credit card on site.
- You are welcome to pay your bill the day before until 9.00 pm as well as on the day of departure from 8.00 am.
Activities/programme on site
- More information on the guided sports programme and the different, guided hikes will be available at the reception.
The Biosphärenparkbahn Brunnach as well as the Kaiserburgbahn will operate as usual in compliance with the current hygiene measures.
What happens in the event of a suspected case?
- Should you feel unwell we ask you to let us know immediately.
- Afterwards we will contact the doctor.
- You will then be placed in room quarantine and wait for the doctor’s instructions.
- Other family members will receive a separate room if available.
- Until the negative result arrives you will stay in your room and will be provided with us with food which will be put outside of the room door.
- Should there be a positive result, the health authority is informed and we will get further instructions which we will promptly carry out.
Behind the scenes
… there will be the same guidelines for suppliers as well as for all employees.
If a mindful, respectful approach is observed with the necessary distance, nothing will stand in the way of relaxing holidays.
Simply safe in your holidays with us in the Hotel St. Oswald
To help you prepare for your time-out here with us, we have summarised the most important information for you at a glance. We wish you beautiful holidays!
Can I enter and depart without restrictions?
The current situation can be found on the website of Österreich Werbung online under https://www.austriatourism.com/oew-global/aktuelle-ein-und-ausreisebestimmungen/
What rules do I need to observe in the hotel?
At the moment, masks are not mandatory in the hotel. We offer you sufficient disinfection dispensers for the cleaning of the hands. Please show consideration of each other with the necessary degree of personal responsibility.
How will my stay at the hotel feel?
You will be excited as the holiday feeling will always be present.
Much space, enormously much healthy and fresh mountain air as well as the finest food will leave nothing to be desired.
It’s best if you convince yourself!
Can I go wherever I want?
This is a tremendous advantage here at the hotel St. Oswald. So much space and freedom for the body and the mind will let you spend really relaxing holidays.
Going through the fresh mountain air, the crystal-clear spring water and the best local food will ensure best health and well-being.
In banks, in the pharmacy, at the doctor, in all shops as well as on public transport you need to wear a mouth-nose-protection.Outdoors as well as on squares in towns it is not necessary to wear a mask.
Do the cable cars and the lifts operate and which regulations are there?
The mountain cable cars will operate in summer.
It is mandatory to wear a mask at the counters, in the access area as well as in the lift cabins.
More information as well as the current situation can be found on the website of the mountain cable cars under https://www.badkleinkirchheim.com/en/cable-cars-skiing-area/covid-19-measures/
Are the huts and restaurants open?
When you enter you need to register digitally via the myVisitPass app. Masks are not mandatory in the huts and in the restaurants. Moreover, you will need a valid negative test result, a vaccination certificate or a confirmation that you have recovered from COVID-19.
Information on the digital guest registration can be found under: https://www.kaernten.at/registrierung/gaeste-einheimische/
Can other leisure activities such as hiking, mountain biking, golfing, playing tennis and swimming in the indoor pool be enjoyed without restriction?
Yes, and moreover, we would like to add that exercising is healthy. You will strengthen your immune system, free your mind and come back home with fresh energy.
Can I book my favourite massage?
Yes, let yourself be indulged by masseuse Maritta and beautician Karin with excellent treatments according to Piroche and marvellous aromatic oils, all in compliance with the prescribed hygiene standards, of course.
Can I use the indoor pool?
Yes. The bathing and sauna landscape can be used without restrictions. We have put up an information sheet at the entrance which will tell you how many persons are allowed in which areas at the same time.
In general, we emphasise your personal responsibility. This way you can enjoy your holidays in a relaxing way.
Do you want further information on our village Bad Kleinkirchheim and the region of Carinthia?
Then take a glance at the total overview of our regional websites from Bad Kleinkirchheim as well as Carinthia.
Further helpful tips and information on special topics can be found there.
Should you want to know which colour is shown by the corona lights in our region simply click here.
Move your mouse from the South of Austria over Villach towards North until you reach Bad Kleinkirchheim at the border to Salzburg and Styria.
Tests “Safe hospitality”
A task force was established in our region Bad Kleinkirchheim.
This also includes a Corona test centre in the Brechlstube in Bad Kleinkirchheim (Maibrunnenweg 13).
which is open every Wednesday from 1:30 to 3:00 pm.
The following test are offered in the Brechlstube:
- PCR tests (mouth-throat smear or gargle solution) for 85 euro. The result will be sent to you by SMS on the following day.
- Antigen rapid test (mouth-throat smear) for 34.80 euro, the result will be sent to you by SMS 20 minutes afterwards.
- In case that you need a current result for travelling you can also do a test for 18 euro for entry and departure.
The tests are carried out by medically trained persons.
You can pay via terminal (Maestro, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Diners Club)
You cannot pay in cash!
Slots are every 15 minutes, four to five persons (pre-registration without waiting time)
spontaneous tests are also possible. Here you can register for a test: https://mcts.vcrd.at/private-register.php
Since 20 May 2021 there is a test station at the Maibrunn parking lot.
The test station is open every day for half a day.
The test offer includes the supervised antigen rapid test where the client himself performs the test in front of the test line staff.
This test will be valid for 48 hours and is registered in the portal “Österreich testet”!
You can only do such a test with registration under https://oesterreich-testet.at !
For the registration of non-Austrian guests it is not necessary to fill in a insurance number. But it is necessary to enter a address - it is recommended to enter the address of your accommodation.
In order to receive the test result by SMS you need to enter your mobile phone number.
If your have a non-Austrian mobile phone number make sure that the area code is entered with “00” and not with “+” (e.g. 0049 and not +49).
Who can get tested in the test line?
All people from school-age children can do a free SARS-CoV-2 test in an Austrian test line. Persons who are in Austria because of work, education or holidays can also participate. Underage persons must be accompanied by their guardian.
As soon as we receive the latest guidelines and rules we will adjust the information given here.
We will also keep you up to date with our newsletter.